Home

Monday, July 18, 2011

Book Review: The Jesus Storybook Bible




I've been wanting to add a little more structure to our morning routine.  Big Sister has been having a difficult time during breakfast, lunch and dinner.  Throwing food when she doesn't like it or simply when she's done eating.  I think she gets the "clean freak" from me.  She needs her highchair tray completely clear of ANYTHING!

When I read about Lindsay's routine on Passionate Homemaking I was encouraged.  It wasn't out of control complicated.  I especially was intrigued by her morning routine of reading to her kids as they all ate breakfast.  Maybe this would solve some of our mealtime struggles?

I've heard so many good things about The Jesus Storybook Bible, so I finally decided to purchase it and see if Big Sis would enjoy the stories.  I think I have been learning more from this "kids" Bible!

Each story is paraphrased and in the end always points back to Jesus and the great plan that God had in sending his Son to rescue us. It's really incredible.  I've been enjoying it just as much as my daughter.

A couple of things I really love about the book:

  • The illustrations are very bright and colorful.  Perfect for catching a little ones attention.
  • The wording is simple and easy to understand.
  • The stories are relatively short.  We read 1-2 during breakfast.
  • The price is good (under $10 on amazon).
We keep the Bible on a desk in the dining room and she's been pointing to it saying "Bible" at every meal time!  She is really enjoying it and it makes my hurt so full of joy for her to be enthusiastic about God's word! That is my prayer and hope for her, to continue to have a thirst and hunger for the Word.

I would definitely recommend this to any family with children of any age!

No comments:

Post a Comment