Home

Friday, July 1, 2011

Six weeks in.

I decided to take a snapshot of how I spent the past two hours.  



Yep...on the deck, reading My Life in France on the Kindle, drinking an iced coffee, and catching up on email...BY MYSELF!  And for other mom's reading this, no it's not a brag post saying "oh my babies are so good and always nap and I have the perfect life."

I just wanted to remember this moment.  I need to remember this moment.  

Because hopefully next week when I'm about to say too many cuss words, or tempted to throw something against the wall, or scream into my pillow, I will remember that the tough days are usually followed by good days and even sometimes a day where you get 2 hours to yourself.  I'll remember that even when I did have those two hours to myself I went inside every 15 minutes to check on the baby.  I'll remember that I was counting down the minutes till daddy got home so we could go on a family walk.  I'll remember that I was so excited to take Big Sis to her first 4th of July Parade.  I'll remember that baby boy started smiling last week and how it makes me want to cry and jump for joy all at the same time.  I'll remember that I love being a mom and that things do get easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment